- David A. Kenny gave a colloquium on heterogeneous effect sizes on February 22, 2017.
- Dan McNeish gave a Colloquium on Bayesian SEM (Abstract) on Wednesday, March 8th.
- Dr. Lisa Harlow presented a colloquium on Publishing in Psychological Methods on Wednesday, March 22nd.
- Dr. Jennifer Randall presented colloquium on Making the transition from measurement/evaluation faculty member to administrator on Wednesday, April 19th at 4:00pm.
- Yaacov Petscher presented a colloquium on Modeling Treatment Effects with Quantile Regression on May 3, 2017.
December 15, 2017- Donald Hedeker will be presenting an all day workshop on Variance modeling for intensive longitudinal data
January 12-15, 2018- Scott Long will be offering a 4 day workshop on The Workflow of Data Analysis
May 21, 2018- Susan A. Murphy will present an all-day workshop on Just In Time Adaptive Interventions (MMM 2018)
May 22-23- Modern Modeling Methods 2018 conference
May 24- Tenki Raykov will present an all day workshop on IRT from a Latent Variable Modeling perspective (MMM 2018)
June 2018- DATIC 2018 workshops
A few MEA Students' Recent Publications
- Blanton, H., Jaccard, J., Strauts, E., Mitchell, G., & Tetlock, P. E. (in press). Toward a meaningful metric of implicit prejudice. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Blanton, H., Snyder, L. B., Strauts, E., & Larson, J. G. (2014). Effect of graphic cigarette warnings on smoking intentions in young adults. PloS one,9(5), e96315.
- Flake, J.K., Barron, K.E., Hulleman, C.H., McCoach, D., & Welsh, M.E. (2015). Measuring cost: The forgotten component of expectancy-value theory. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 41, 232–244. doi: 10.1016/j.cedpsych.2015.03.002
- Goldstein, J., McCoach, D. B., & Yu, H. (accepted). The Predictive Validity of Kindergarten Readiness Judgments: Lessons from One State. Journal of Educational Research.
- Kooken, J., Welsh, M. E., McCoach, D. B., Johnsyon-Wilder, S. & Lee, C. (2016). Measuring mathematical resilience: An application of the construct of resilience to the study of mathematics. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development.
- McCoach, D. B., Newton, S. D., Siegle, D., Baslanti, U, & Picho, K. (in press). Is Having Low Motivation the Same as Not Having High Motivation? Comparing the CSAS-R and the SAAS-R. High Ability Studies.
- Strauts, E., & Blanton, H. (2015). That’s not funny: Instrument validation of the concern for political correctness scale. Personality and Individual Differences, 80, 32-40. doi: 10.1016/j.paid.2015.02.012
- Wagner, M., & Gambino, A. J. (2015). Variations in the anisotropy and affine structure of visual space: A geometry of visibles with a third dimension. Topoi: An International Review of Philosophy. doi: 10.1007/s11245-015-9303-x
- Yomtov, D., Plunkett, S. W., Efrat, R., & García Marín, A. (2015). Can peer mentors improve first year experiences of university students? A quasi-experimental, mixed methods evaluation. Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory, and Practice.
- Yahn, L., & Kaufman, J. C. (accepted). Asking the wrong question: Why shouldn’t people dislike creativity? In Creative Intelligence in the 21st Century: Grappling with Enormous Problems and Huge Opportunities. Don Ambrose & Robert J. Sternberg (Eds.). The Netherlands: Sense.
- Yomtov, D., Plunkett, S. W., Sands, T., & Reid, A. (2015). Parental support and intrusiveness in relation to adolescents’ general self-efficacy and relational self in Latino immigrant families. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 43, 269–283. doi: 10.1111/fcsr.12102
- Yu, H. H. (2015). Using Longitudinal Structural Equation Modeling to Study the Development of Intelligence and its Relationship to Academic Achievement. SAGE Research Methods Cases: Education.